Lately, there has been a lot going on in our house. We are enjoying married life and planning future trips and projects for our house (more to come on that). I’ve got a surprise dessert coming for Easter tomorrow and I set up a little scavenger hunt for MJ for the morning. Since I haven’t been as active on my blog lately I figured I’d share a little life update.
1. I became slightly obsessed with minimalism.If you’ve been on youtube, a blog, or the internet in general in the last two years you’ve heard “minimalism.” Everyone interprets it differently but to me, it was a wake-up call. Am I absent minded at times? Absolutely. But this was getting ridiculous. I read, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo and I made it my mission to tackle our house. I’m still far from done but I’m ALMOST there (wherever that is).If you’re planning on making your house more functional and living with less I’d suggest following her method (below I added my twist). This should get you started.
1. Start with clothes. Clothes are easy to go through and not overly time-consuming.
2. Go through your kitchen. I personally had two of quite a few things and gadgets I never used.
3. Organize things how they make sense for you and your home.
4. Take your time. Find what motivates you and tackle projects when you’re motivated. Don’t force it.
5. Celebrate small successes. For me, I celebrated clearing out my kitchen by buying the knife I wanted off our registry.
Counterintuitive? No. I got rid of 5 knives and now only need one.
2. We are kinda vegan.
Yes, we’ve tried Paleo, no dairy, and lots of other things. Somehow in the process of cutting out different foods to find what made us feel best, we ended up here. I still occasionally eat fish and have a piece of cheese if there’s a cheese plate at dinner but 90% of the time we eat vegan. It’s easier than I thought and both of us have felt so much better. We’ll see what the future hold but for right now this works.
3.Another line of debt gone!
Only one student loan left and we are overpaying like crazy. I see an awesome trip in our future to celebrate. Please put suggestions below.
4.Draper James and Jack Rogers have collaborated!
My wildest dreams have come true. I’ll take one of each, please!
5. Grace and Frankie on Netflix
I love Grace and Frankie so much and have enjoyed bingeing this season. If you haven’t started the series, I suggest grabbing a blanket and some kleenex for happy and a few sad tears.